Monday 5 September 2005

Bubble wrap!

So about 2 or 3 months back, when I was back in campus and was hurtling through the myriad requirements of joining work, a friend of mine used to pain me with this theory. You see, at that point of time all I knew about my job was that I was to go looking for oil under the sea-bed. So Bolli's theory was that the process to be used for the above purpose was to send off people on boats with oil tanks, with warnings that they will be shot if they returned without their tanks full!
And that wasn't all, in deference to it's status as the world's largest seismic company, Bolli credited them with one major sophistication in personnel safety: bubble wrap! Each person would be provided a huge sheet of bubble wrap, which would serve the dual purpose of bouyancy, as well as air supply (the air within the bubbles, in case you are bewildered ;) ).
As it turned out, this theory (thankfully!!) isn't in practice :DD. But while tinkering around in the workshop today guess what I ran into!! Giant sheets of bubble wrap :)). And while standing there nostalgically bursting the giant bubbles, my thoughts ran back to those days of midsummer rains, the green campus, the shining sun! Just three more days to go, and I can't wait to be back!
--
Oh, and today's sunset :).

4 comments:

  1. Just 3 days? So when exactly are you getting back to Bombay, even before me kya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Akshi - ya, 3 days of work (now 2 more) then 4 days on crew boat, then 15 hrs of flying in 2 days... I think you'll get to b'bay before me, dont worry :)

    @ Aswin - thanxx :) they comprise 80% of all pics on my blogs :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy memories of an idyllic summer...

    ReplyDelete