Saturday 31 December 2005

This time last year...

... I was on my way back from a totally INSANE trip to Goa. :-<MI'd gotten over early, and I woke up very late in the afternoon of 28th December. Met a couple of my wingies, still a little sleep in my eyes. We decided we wanted to go to Goa. On bikes!! We managed to coax (read browbeat) a junior to complete the group of four, and set off.
Tragedy struck early when we realised we'd travelled roughly 30 Kms in the wrong direction, towards Pune instead of Goa. We'd left the comfy confines of the campus at 5 pm, by 11 in the night, with an already sore butt, hands freezing in the cold wind, my friends choosing to fall asleep while driving, I was convinced that I'd made the biggest mistake of my life, yet :P.

70 hours later, the tally stood thus: 24 hours on the way to Goa, 24 on the way back, 2 hours sleeping on benches off Anjuna beach (where we were unceremoniously woken up by the prodding of cops, who for some vague reason turned all sympathetic and helpful when they found out that we were poor students from Mumbai who'd come to see the wonderful Goa and hadn't managed to find any acco :D), and the meagre balance we spent zipping around from beach to beach on our bikes! I so totally loved every moment of it!!!

I was back in time to spend New Year's Eve with friends, and Natural's ice cream :D. Much has happened in the one year since. Some of those friends are celebrating New Year in NY, some are sitting at home. In this past year I've visited the sandy beaches of peninsular Malaysia, the rocky beaches of Hokkaido and the brilliant fjords of Norway, but I wish I'd had the chance to go back to the sunny, dreamy beaches of Goa (NOT on bikes :P)!!

6 comments:

  1. :) that does sound like a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that an a la DCH snap;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, lemme see.. We were in Goa, we were sitting on the walls of a fort, with a beautiful view of the sea, and a ship disappearing in the horizon.. Yeah, I think it can be called a la DCH :D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i shall save my last one year senti to blog about:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Histrionix: plss do! at least that gives lukhha ppl like me something to read :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes senti post :). I'll get to Rishmond today. This new year was fun but I wish you all were around as well.
    Yeah, its been an eventfull year, hasn't it.

    ReplyDelete