Monday 17 April 2006

And then the bubble burst. . .

The clouds hover overhead. But none of the impressive cumulo-nimbus types rearing up their grey heads to intimidate and cower. Just an unbroken sheet stretching across the sky and shedding a few meagre drops now and then. Almost looks like the rain god is feeling lazy :(.

Done packing. But then I was done packing almost 3 weeks back. Realised with a bit of a start the other day that this would be the southern hemisphere, i.e. right now it's late autumn instead of early summer. And in a month it'll be winter there :-<. I hope it's not going to be too cold. With the usual weight limit on luggage, I haven't packed much by way of winterwear.

Ah yes, a somewhat belated Shubho Nabobarsho (happy Bengali New Year) to everyone. The last year has been pretty cool when it comes to festivals. I managed to be with my family for Durga pujo (/Dussehra), Poush mela (/Christmas), New Year, Dol (/Holi) as well as Poila Boisakh! Only thing I did miss was my birthday, which I spent rocking about in the Sea of Okhotsk :P. With a little bit of luck I might actually make it home for Durga pujo again this year. And spend another birthday on the ship in the bargain... But given the choice I'd rather it stays that way :).

Feeling: lazy
Listening to: Moby - Extreme ways (closing credits: Bourne Identity/Bourne Supremacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment