Monday 4 September 2006

Closure

In beginning to understand my consistent pain with office rotations, I've made some breakthrough this weekend. For office rotations I always go back to places. Back to KL, back to Perth... And then I'm torn between acting like a tourist and trying to act like a resident. Totally irrelevant in almost every sane perspective one might hold I'm sure, except mine. Of course, I'm not absolutely sure if I can be considered entirely sane, but I'd like to think so.Without going into the deeper ramifications of this (somewhat confusing?) declaration, let me just stick to my primary grouse. I hate the fact that once you go back to a place, the possibilities of getting satisfying pictures get drastically limited. The ocean is a completely different domain. It looks eactly the same each day. In so far as all you can see in every possible direction is water. But the possibilities are truly quite endless. Unlike waves, however, a city skyline is somewhat less likely to change on a day to day basis :|.So I've stopped going for walks to King's Park with my camera in my pocket these days. But I still go there, it's really cool, except that I've already taken pics from almost every available angle during my last stay here /:). Thankfully, Perth's rather big :D, so this weekend I decided to go exploring some of the farther parts. In a way only possible in Aussieland, I came upon two 'natural reserves' just by aimlessly walking along the Swan river! These people simply have too much space I tell you! Even in the heart of the city. All they need to do is fence off a bit of space no one seems to be too bothered about, and put up a couple of wooden boards on either side that say "Natural Reserve - Observe, don't disturb" 8-|.
Unlike my last stay, much to my disappointment, none of the theatres around here are showing anything even faintly interesting. No, I don't think Snakes on a Plane counts as interesting in any positive sense :|. So I'm re-discovering the world of weekend movies on the telly :D. So far, with About a Boy, Spy Games, Pay it Forward, Bridget Jones's Diary and a sizeable number of European movies, long and short, in local languages with rather dubious English subtitles, whose titles I've either missed, or don't remember, I haven't done too badly.. I think :P. Some of the non-Hollywood stuff has been geniunely intriguing actually!

Right, so that's about it. Except, I did manage some nice pics over the weekend. Bought myself my first two music CDs. And had tons of ice-cream in keeping with a time honoured tradition, despite the chilly, late-winter ei brishti elo bole weather. :)

There’s still a little bit of your taste in my mouth
There’s still a little bit of you laced with my doubt

It’s still a little hard to say what's going on

There’s still a little bit of your ghost your witness
There’s still a little bit of your face I haven't kissed

You step a little closer each day

So close that I can’t say what's going on


Stones taught me to fly

Love taught me to lie

Life, it taught me to die

So it's not hard to fall

When you float like a cannonball


There’s still a little bit of your song in my ear

There’s still a little bit of your words I long to hear

You step a little closer to me

So close that I can't see what's going on


Stones taught me to fly

Love, it taught me to lie

Life taught me to die

So it's not hard to fall

When you float like a cannon..

Stones taught me to fly

And love taught me to cry

So come on courage

Teach me to be shy

'cause it's not hard to fall

And i don't wanna scare her

It's not hard to fall

And I don't wanna lose

It's not hard to grow

When you know that you just don't know


Feeling: content enough...
Listening to: Damien Rice - Cannonball

No comments:

Post a Comment