Friday 9 February 2007

Winter blossom

It's a strange winter here. The cold isn't that cold at all. But as if to compensate, there's a heavy gloom. A fog like none I've seen before seems to be hell bent on holding the world at ransom. At 10 in the morning, the sun has still not managed to shine through, and if it has, there's merely a pale disc through the swirling white.
It's through this that I had to make my way to my grandpa's a couple of days back. The garden was blooming with all sorts of colours, but the occasion was sombre. It was all going well enough, till a sudden thunder shower chose to have some fun, and collapsed the roof of the temporary dining hall. It was quite impressive actually! The force of the water cracked one of the tables in half! Thankfully, this was before anyone actually sat down to eat.

Now I'm back home after another very foggy couple of hundred kms this morning. Looking forward to a very lazy week and a half or so :). Given my last 6 day stay here, it actually feels like I've been running around since October :-<.

Currently: sleepy :)
Listening to: Radiohead - Punchdrunk lovesick singalong

No comments:

Post a Comment