Friday 7 March 2008

Of sardines... and tin cans

A good thing is only good as long as you don't find out what's bad about it. No? Oh well, maybe that's being a wee bit cynical. But I do think it's a relief that we (well, most of us anyway :|) aren't exactly omniscient. Despite and notwithstanding retrospective wisdom. Ignorance is, indeed, bliss.

It's suddenly started raining here since yesterday. I can't recall where I've left my famed, multi-folding (and now broken, if I recall correctly) umbrella. So I'm sticking to picking the route to and from work affording the longest extent of shaded side walk, and playing hide and seek with the showers. Thus far, successfully.

I'm happy to announce that I've finally strayed into hitherto uncharted territory in book one of A Song of Ice and Fire. I think :P. This is one of those few books that I'd started reading at some point (several years back) and hit a wall. It hadn't helped that in this particular case I was reading a borrowed copy, the owner had eventually tired of my slow progress and demanded I hand it back.

Since I'd started reading my own copy recently, I kept having vague flashbacks and sometimes premonitions that I knew what was about to happen :|. Not the best way of reading an altogether quite remarkably twisted story. Thing is, that last forsaken read was quite a while back, and I have no idea how far I'd actually gone then. But the last few chapters have not yielded any sense of deja vu. And now that I am at this point, I'm wondering what had kept me from going on last time! Maybe I've become more enamoured of the vicious and the vile....

I wish I had some photographs to post :-<. But of course, there won't be any till I actually go and click some now will there?! But of what? Rather a sad drab dingy grey, altogether too familiar state of affairs, out in the city, inside my head.... A distinct feeling of going round in circles.

Speaking of photographs! Just found out that Canon have gone and released the successor to the EOS Rebel XTi! Meet the new EOS 450D / Rebel XSi! It's been out over a month now actually. Of course this shouldn't have me as excited as this, given that I've firmly decided that the next camera I buy will not be a DSLR. But they put Live View in it!!! :) An interesting thing is, although I'm absolutely sure that (if and) when I do buy a DSLR it will definitely be a Canon. But to date, all the experience I've actually had, has been with Nikons :).

God I'm bored! Here comes the weekend. Oh dear.

Currently: duh :|
Listening to: Enya - Storms in Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment