Saturday 3 July 2010

Hopes, scattered like dry leaves...

...blown away by the wind.

Well, what can I say? Bummed doesn't even get to the ball park. Would it have felt any better if it had been less of a drubbing? I could say yes, but that would be a lie. Yes, they had chances, but if you want to win the thing, you've gotto score haven't you?! And to score you have to finish at the end of the runs. One team did and the other didn't. And now I'm left to wait another four years before I can dream again. I will though. That's just how it is.

The irony of it is that usually once Argentina got knocked out, there'd be Brazil still playing, and I'd cheer them. But who now? Spain? Not the Dutch or the Germans :|.
--
I'm a creature of habit mostly. So I rather surprised myself this trip. But like they say, the more things change the more they stay the same. Old habits give way to new. I guess in some ways change is a habit too.

5 is an awkward number. Sometimes too little, sometimes too much. Years, months.

Not a long way to go now.

Currently: sad
Listening to: Craig Armstrong - After the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment