Wednesday 31 August 2011

Wandering star

It's been a good couple of weeks. On balance. The couple of days back in Houston seem like a while back now :). My luck with fortuitous run-ins seemed unabated. My dislike of the city itself, likewise :|.

The rest of the time has been really well spent I'd say! Smaller places, familiar faces. And lots and lots and lots of miles of highway in between. Perfect weather days. Blue skies, green fields and the road that keeps going on forever.

There are good things to be said of road-trips. Not necessarily solo ones, but one does what one has to. At least I wasn't flying. I do suppose spanning six states in a day was a little bit ambitious, but it worked out pretty well :).

Of course, when I stopped to think about it, I had done almost as much in one day here as we'd done in the entire week driving around South Island in New Zealand. And then I did it all over again a couple of days later. Man, this place is just perfect for driving!!

Other than that though, it's been a lot of quiet conversations, reminiscence, contemplation of the future. And battling with Bay-Blades. (Anyone older than 10 will probably have to look that one up. :P)
We stumble and we pick ourselves up. How else can it work. After all one has to live with oneself.

Next stop, Mexico!!

Currently: just chillin'
Listening to: B.o.B - Airplanes (feat Hayley Williams)

No comments:

Post a Comment