Thursday 31 May 2012

Of weary days and hazy nights


 
Three weeks. More accurately, three weeks and four days. That's how long we ended up staying in Singapore. This was my fourth visit, and thus far the longest. And I don't just mean that by way of actual time elapsed :(. But now we are on our way out again, and while I'm not exactly breathing a deep sigh of relief, there is a little pause in the onslaught. A calm before yet another storm breaks.

 
Yeah, it's been that kind of a trip. But let's give the work related insanity a break. In between all that, I managed to do something that I haven't before. Gain some measure of familiarity with the place. City, country, whatever.


I never managed the time to do all those proper 'I've been to Singapore' sort of things. I did manage to get a bit of a look around. Walked a little. Found some places I liked, some things that I thought were interesting.


But it was as if all of it was through a veil of weariness. I did manage a day off. Slept like a log for the most part :). It was more than I could have hoped for. And when I could stay awake long enough, even managed to catch a half decent screening of The Avengers! Which was hilarious, I thought :).




Now, almost all of a sudden there's less than a week to go till the end of the trip. And the end of my time here on the Spirit. Like I said, just passing through. So this is what it's usually like. I guess I'd had a bit of a sheltered life :).



Currently: tired
Listening to: David Guetta - Titanium feat. Sia

No comments:

Post a Comment