Friday 31 August 2012

The realm of Nehalennia

Surprising though it may be, this is actually the first time I find myself sailing in the North Sea. Why should that be surprising, you ask? Well, that would require a trip down the history of marine seismic, which I shall give a wide berth to. Suffice to say, do what I do long enough, it is inevitable that you'd find yourself in these waters.



And now I can somewhat appreciate the legendary status that the North Sea weather has achieved with mariners. Not fame, exactly :). I suppose a video would have worked. But I hate videos, so this will have to do.





It's not that I haven't been in bad weather before, but the fact that the Pride is a fair bit smaller than the Trident makes for more interesting moments ;). And then there's the rapidity with which the weather slams into you. Out of the blue is the norm rather than the exception.

Either way, this is supposed to be just the opening act in the weather drama. Come September, things generally take a turn for the more spectacular. Or so I am told. I guess we shall see!

Currently: pitching and rolling away
Listening to: Yael Naim - New soul

No comments:

Post a Comment