Sunday 22 June 2014

Blame it on the Martians!


There you have it, you can never really judge an author by any one book. Despite almost giving up on it a couple of months ago, I decided to finally make it all the way to the end of Stranger in a Strange Land. I'm not saying that I wont read another Heinlein again, 'cos that would be overly harsh, but...

It is just so completely different from the other two books I've read by him though! For the latter half of the book I kept being reminded of Atlas Shrugged and I deem that very unfortunate indeed. Oh the preachiness of it! If there even is such a word.

The concept might be entertaining enough, I grant you that, but by the last quarter of the book I probably had a rather pained expression on my face as I read :(. I suppose some of it might have to do with the gap of a couple of months in reading the first half, which I kinda enjoyed, and this last bit, but there's no denying that I'm definitely allergic to the reduction of a species to a collection of subjects of some grand experiment.

On to Greg Bear then!

Currently: sleepy
Listening to: Edward Shearmur - Constellatoin Lyra

No comments:

Post a Comment