Friday 31 March 2006

Blazing guns!

Finally saw Rang de Basanti this afternoon. Yes yes it's released such a long time back that I even remember joking with a friend that by the time I get back on land it would have left theatres, but better late than never right? Anyway, that's beside the point. I liked the movie. A lot actually.

Thing is, I had already heard a LOT about it, by way of opinion that is, both for and against, so I watched it rather critically. Before anyone goes baying for blood, or accuses me of doing the same, I do not think the point of the movie was to justify murder, for whatever cause. Or the laying down of lives for that matter. But to make us ask ourselves: If not this, then what? If not now, then when? If we manage to answer these questions even in some measure, the movie would have more than achieved some purpose. I know this is rich, coming from me, working for a multinational, living in the country barely a quarter of the year, but then since when did opinions need that kind of justification :).

Anyway, whatever anyone might have to say about the movie, all must agree that A R Rehman's soundtrack totally kicks ass!!! :D

Current mood: reflective
Listening to: Rang de Basanti ost - Roobaroo

2 comments:

  1. was listening to "fix you"..coldplay..now i know where you url gets its name from..
    the song's great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ saikat: late entry to the club son :)

    ReplyDelete