Tuesday 15 May 2007

Sunlight trapped in a fat raindrop

It's not like this was the first time, but it certainly was a most curious incident! Rain at sea that is. Usually on such occasions the sky's completely clouded over and the sun's gone into hiding. Yesterday, however, it was just beginning to look promising, the sun was out, most of the sky was a nice bright blue. And there was just this one dark cloud overhead. But as soon as I've made my way up to the helideck, I hear a rather unexpected crack of thunder :|. And even as I'm wondering whether I should seek cover, a big fat drop lands smack on top of my nose /:). Needless to say I had to vacate the deck in very short order. Even the rain water is extra chilly here :(. But the sun stayed out, even as the rain poured down with growing zest.I was quite lost in the brightly sparkling drops as they crashed into the ocean for as far as I could see, when I suddenly noticed the rainbow :).

Currently: dreaming
Listening to: The Hives - Hate to say I told you so

No comments:

Post a Comment