Monday 20 August 2007

In the end

All seven down! Argh. But not the worst, there's definitely been worse :). So I'm finally done with The Deathly Hallows! And really, the best part of it by far is the fact that it is finally all over for good :-<. Now I can happily go back to Life of Pi that has been left on hold for some time!

The first half of this book was much like the previous two, slow, irritating, hard to get through. But then it got better. There were parts that almost reminded me of the older books! But then I suppose some of it had been written earlier, but whatever. It was very weird :), all in all. I can't really make up my mind if I wanted this kind of an ending. But I suppose if anyone was looking for twists and turns, they weren't left disappointed. I am rather curious to know if this one can really be considered a 'children's book' though...
--
Okay, now a little bit of fantasy football! :D Gameweek three got done over the weekend, and my first real gamble paid off!! Before the games started, Downing, one of my midfielders was declared doubtful with an injury! But I figured might as well play him, and guess what? Got me 3 bonus points!! :D. Ended up with a single digit rank on our league for the first time \:D/ and now I'm only second on the boat!!

Feeling: strained
Listening to: Aerosmith - Dream on

2 comments:

  1. IMHO, definitely not a children's book, especially as my aunt pointed out that some language in the battle between Mrs. Weasley and Bellatrix is definitely not for young kids. That's not the only point though. It seems to me that it is rather dark overall.

    Point is, it's all over. And I'm still waiting for GRRM to finish Book 5 :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D aah yes of course, Molly Weasley's "..you *****.."! I'd forgotten about that. It's interesting isn't? how Rowlings has sort of grown the books up as the readers would have grown up....

    GRRM.. that reminds me... I should finish reading book one at some point.. and then get started on the rest.

    ReplyDelete