Sunday 2 September 2007

24

Can't remember the last time I finished a book in one afternoon... When I'd started reading, there was light streaming through the curtains from the little yard. As it got darker and darker, I wasn't sure if it was just the sun. When I was finally done reading The Catcher in the Rye, I think I sat with my face in a pillow for a while :). You see, close to the end, I was suddenly sure there would be a road accident on the way to the zoo! For a second there I was genuinely terrified!!

But there were so many bits when I really laughed out loud...
--

Figured I'd go out for dinner last night, but turned out the restaurant I'd headed for was closed :(. That's the third food joint in three days that seems to have shut down since I was last here!!! And all my favourite ones too :(. Maybe it's a sign :-<. Did manage to catch Die Hard 4.0 on big screen afterwards! And I have to say it was quite entertaining :).

What was not so much fun was the continuous feature that Channel 9 kept running on the 10-yr death anniversary of Princess Diana all day. I remember the day ten years ago, rather well. Also remember when we heard later in the same day of Mother Teresa's death. I am ashamed to admit that one of the first thoughts that had occurred to me was 'oh but she was so old anyway' :-<. Oh well. Ten years... the proverbial, clichéd, blink of an eye. It wasn't really, but time seems to have a way of mysteriously telescoping in.

I wish it weren't quite so chilly still. As they said on TV, it's officially spring already!

Feeling: older :)
Listening to: Norah Jones - Sunrise

3 comments:

  1. Well? Was Catcher up to the task of making the day... special? :)) Actually, it's not something I would do... you know how the book kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. read it the day after re :) but I quite loved it! all in all... I think :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh.. exactly the kind of response I'd expect that book to elicit.

    ReplyDelete