Wednesday 26 December 2007

There and back again

Imagine that your life got suspended for a little bit. You woke up one morning and were no longer you! Everything that happened, didn't really happen to you. Then you woke up again and the spell was broken.

We all had different flights out, the other two flying up to Wellington to continue through North Island. But I was heading back. Hushed alarms, goodbyes on notes, empty beds.I headed off to the airport early, as is customary with me. With a long way to go till boarding and then a 10hr+ flight, I figured it would be a good idea to get it all out of my head and onto something :). I was worried all the fantastic memories would sublimate off and I might lose the non-stop euphoria of it all, forever. So I've been writing, off and on, for close to 12 hours how. In between breakfast and check-in and boarding and in-flight meals, and one movie :).

I don't think I've missed much, but if I have, there's always the three sets of over a thousand photographs each :D.--

Now it's back to Bombay. Again :). But this one's been a long time coming. Over a full year. Worlds so far apart, I'm not even sure if I'm the same me in the two.

Feeling: in between lives
Listening to: Nina Simone - It be's that way

No comments:

Post a Comment