Monday 11 February 2008

Psssttt!!

It's been over ten days since we were last on the back deck :D. The last time I was on the boat and could say that was mid October! I guess I could stop feeling that involuntary shudder every morning, the pause and deep breath as I reach out towards the instrument room door.... Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating just a little bit :).
But really, just an example of how tense things have been, we've had one emergency medical evacuation of a senior crew-member about to suffer a heart attack! (Well, he didn't, but he thought he was going to!) Thankfully, the person in question is doing fine, I'm told. And he's definitely not complaining about the prospect of happily spending the rest of the trip in the comfort of his home :).
--

For some time now, I've been getting this feeling that I've become a bit less of a nice person. (Not that I'm claiming I've been a particularly nice person all along, just relatively speaking.) I can't really put a finger on it, just a nagging suspicion. Probably a combination of factors... A little less care for neighbouring ears and their associated feelings. A little more direct output of immediate reactions, a little less by way of applied filters. Oh well, I'm on my way to blending right in :P.

Currently: indulging idle thoughts
Listening to: Coldplay - Square one

No comments:

Post a Comment