Saturday 3 May 2008

Rattle and hmm

Few things could possibly be more therapeutic than stripping a wooden streamer reel of its covering planks. Done the 'right' way. Using appropriate but minimal tools. And with appropriate speed and ferocity.
--

I'm trying to teach myself how to play table tennis with my left hand. Thus far, the main difficulty has been my reluctance to actually play people, with my left hand. And the upright other half of the table isn't exactly a proper training partner. Beyond a certain point. Nonetheless, I'm relatively happy with progress.
--

We're done with back deck work, for the time being, within a highly respectable 5 days. Unfortunately, the respite might prove to be short-lived. Deja vu, huh? :-<

It was actually quite a nice change to be in exceptionally calm waters during most of deployment after the five months in New Zealand. (Yes, yes, I admit my benchmark for bad weather had been thoroughly skewed. But getting used to the constantly rough weather can do that.) Unfortunately I let slip too many exceptional moon rises and sunrises and by the time I finally took the trouble of carrying my cam outside, the mirror flat seas were gone. And with them, some truly unreal possibilities.... --

This happens to be a long trip. An extra week. The following break however, happens to be only four weeks, i.e. a week short. I'm still not sure where I'm headed when I get off the boat. And, once again, my boss is getting transferred. Drama, drama, drama :-<.

Feeling: depressingly stressed out
Listening to: Snow Patrol - Chasing cars

No comments:

Post a Comment