Tuesday 6 January 2009

Status quo

It would appear that I'm getting used to 2009 a lot quicker than I usually get used to new years. I wonder why.

One thing I've been feeling somewhat happy about this new year is how much sleep I'm managing to get these days! Last night, for instance, I made it to almost a full ten hours for the first time ever! As may be obvious, this means all the rest of my usual off-shift activities have gone straight out the port hole :-<. But I really feel like I need it right now. I hope I'm not coming down with something :|. I started off the new year with a bit of luck actually. There was New Year's Day bingo on board, and I won stuff!! :D. That, on top of the fact that I won at the Christmas bingo means I'm really warming up to the thing :).

Boating's back on full throttle again. Which is a good thing. But might be contributing to the need for sleep :|. I've managed a few closer looks at the other vessels around us though. And no matter what anyone says, I maintain that the Trident, with its white stripe (and the significantly slender arse end :P) looks a lot better than the Eagle :D. I should call people.

I suddenly (well, not particularly suddenly, took me a little bit to actually check through the years) realised that it's been a while since I've been home or thereabouts for my birthday. The last time was when I turned 17... And I have no idea what set me thinking about that, so don't ask.No replies to HNY mails are depressing. Thankfully, I didn't have too many :). I love the ocean, I really do. Really! But I hate the desolation. As it was put to me recently, I hate that my world begins and ends with me these days :-<<<.

What's to say that's not going to change... Here's to hope.

Currently: aching to go back out in the jet boat
Listening to: Rihanna - Rehab

No comments:

Post a Comment