Wednesday 4 March 2009

Boring seismic is good seismic

Or so they say.

These days profound thoughts have a way of making an appearance right about the time I'm just slipping out of consciousness. (As in, as I fall asleep! :|) And it is quite irritating. I obviously can't recall much about said thoughts, but for the profundity /:).

The other thing that has been substantially more irritating is that I keep waking up in the middle of the night (well, early evening in the real world, given my sleeping habits on-board). The worst thing is I'm usually way too muddled to notice anything but the minute hand. Even that feat is a continuous source of surprise to me. But then once I've brushed my teeth, and washed my face, and generally arrived at a marginally more wakeful state, I realise that it's a good 2 or 3 or even 5 hours too early for shift :-<.

And this is happening way too often this trip :(. Makes me wonder... Not a lot has been happening this trip so far. Which is good, in a way. I could use a quiet trip. Haven't had one of those in over a year and a half, come to think of it. Oh! Someone finally managed to get DVDs of Scrubs Season 7, so that's keeping me entertained off shift :).

Currently: adrift
Listening to: Snow Patrol feat. Martha Wainwright - Set fire to the third bar

2 comments:

  1. Haven't you heard of the ancient Chinese proverb that translates to 'May you live in interesting times'?

    If you aren't under the influence of said curse, enjoy it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete