Sunday 29 November 2009

On forgotten momories and impending adventures

Memory can be a fickle thing. Well, it definitely is for me, unlike for some people we know :). (And no, that's not my excuse for forgetting anything of any particular consequence in the recent past :P.) I'm sure there are things that deliberately slip out of my mind more, the harder I try to remember them! And then there are the things that merely fade out of focus. Out of neglect, mostly.
Ever notice how there are places where you are more your mother's son or daughter, and others where you're more your father's? I think I'm too sleepy to attempt a coherent explanation of the above statement, so I'll leave it at that.Right, it appears that I've neglected to mention my impending solo trek in the Himalayas. For a week, starting tomorrow. Yes, in December. But before you scream crazy, let me clarify: the Eastern Himalayas :). More specifically to Sandakphu and Phalut. Not that it's not supposed to be cold, but this is when I have the time, and it's supposed to be quite doable, so I figured I may as well try.

Of course, I will still continue to hope that one of these summers I actually manage a Ladakh trek. But I'm quite looking forward to my first trek in these mountains! Apparently you get quite a nice view of Mt. Everest from Sandakphu. I'm done packing. (And seriously worried that I'm forgetting something! The pack's way too light :|.) But there's a bandh tomorrow, so I'm a little concerned about making it out of here. We shall see.

Currently: excited! :)
Listening to: Athlete - Shake those windows

No comments:

Post a Comment