Sunday 13 December 2009

On heaven, or death (a.k.a. Under construction, still)

I'm in-between books at the moment. Sort of. There are unread books around, but for some reason or other I find myself disinclined to read any of them. So I did the next best thing, and read a book I hadn't read in a while, The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I didn't actually remember how I'd felt about it the last time. Turns out it had had quite an effect :).
Somehow, I don't find myself quite as moved by it this time around. But there's still the somewhat stifling aftertaste. It was the question that had been raised which caught my eye, the one I'd evaded then. I would respond now, if I may, with another question. It appears that the crux of the matter is this: would one really want to extend the period of time dealing with the consequences of one's actions from a finite lifetime, to a possibly infinite eternity?

I imagine that might have something to do with said consequences :). At this moment, irrespective of the consequences, I'd rather prefer the end to remain an end. It has nothing to do with belief.

Somewhat fittingly, or merely coincidentally, I have gotten caught up in a melody I hadn't heard in a while. One with an equal capacity to charm and haunt...
...And as the sun would set you would rise
Fall from the sky into paradise...

...But there was still something in your eyes
Left me helpless and paralyzed...
Something about splinters in the mind.

Currently: thoughtful
Listening to: Chicane - No ordinary morning

No comments:

Post a Comment