Sunday 24 April 2011

Burnt rubber

Emptiness has a way of spreading itself, sometimes. No matter what you throw at it, it just gets swallowed up. I guess black holes tend to be like that, don't they? Then again, those aren't exactly nothing. Oh never mind.

In the mean time, not a lot has happened. Actually, I suppose that's not entirely true.. Road-tripping happened, the usual family visits thing. Somewhat brief, given the length of the break, but more pressing matters have kept me home for much of the break.

If one were to discount a duck-stop, a few cattle-traffic jams, one blown tyre and almost running out of gas on the empty highway, the driving part was pretty much the usual. It definitely is nice to take some alone time every now and then.

For a change, I decided to re-familiarise myself with the sights by the highway - the drying river beds, the banana tree forest, the broken, overgrown chimneys... All I seem to remember from the last few times are snaking dashed white lines marking the lanes.

On the other hand, the not-driving part, that brought up some interesting realizations. Growing up is a sticky business isn't it? As is growing old.

Well, I suppose there's less than a week left for me to head back to work. And, somewhat annoyingly, I still have no idea when that is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly itching to get back to work, but it would be nice to know how much longer I have till that happens.

Currently: finding KKR's IPL fate amusing
Listening to: Anna Nalick - Wreck of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment