Saturday 25 February 2012

Blue - Red - Gold - Green

The end of a long story is never easy I suppose. Any long story. There's so much to let go of. The inevitable urge to explain all. Thing about it though, it takes so much longer to write than to read! Years of effort yields days of engagement. Maybe less.

I should really get that reader before I run out of space in my book case :). In the mean time, I managed to get a hold of the last book of Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle. I suppose when you've read three books in a series you've kinda got to find out what happens next, haven't you? And as always, when reading such a terribly interconnected series the previous volumes require at least a cursory glance.

Wasn't too bad :). An active imagination helps no end. But I did cringe at the Avatar reference. I mean, it may totally not have been an Avatar reference, but since 2009 every time boy says to girl, "I see you" all meaningfully and what not, what else would anyone assume?! :)

While on my rather long search at the Book Cellar (aka book store under the escalator) I looked and looked, but couldn't find any sign of Ghosh's River of Smoke. Or of the last three Artemis Fowl books, although they had multiple copies of the first five. Of course :|. Instead, I managed to lay my hands on another Bryson! Notes on a Small Island, which not only have I heard good things about, but also carries on its front cover the following observation: 'Not a book that should be read in public, for fear of emitting loud snorts'! :D

Currently: considering unpacking and re-packing
Listening to: David Guetta - Repeat (feat. Jessie J)

No comments:

Post a Comment