Sunday 29 April 2012

Cracks in red and orange

I knew when and where I was going, then I didn't. And then I did again. So if you were to look for the tangible remainder of the subtraction of certainty, and the subsequent addition of the same, there isn't much left. Except for that broken tail lamp. Which might have happened anyway...

I finally got around to watching the Hollywood remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I have to say, I wasn't expecting to be impressed in the least. I mean, come on! How could anyone possibly expect to top Noomi Rapace's Lisbeth Salander? Right?! I also wasn't expecting this one to stay quite so close to the storyline, if anything, even more than the Swedish production!

One of the totally awesome things, IMO, was the accent :). I mean, it wasn't in Swedish, (which is a good thing I suppose, seeing how I don't understand it, and I hate subtitles) but at least it kinda sounded like Scandinavians speaking English! Technically it sounded like a Norwegian accent to me, but then I can never tell the difference anyway. So full points for coolness there.

And then there was Rooney Maara's Salander. Damn! Well, put it this way, I am now quite anxiously looking forward to the sequels, whenever they do come out.

Amongst the other newish stuff I watched, Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes sequel was, well, mostly okay I guess. I still rate the first one better. Although my judgement might be a bit compromised seeing how he killed off McAdams nice and early :(. (Oops, sorry in case folks haven't seen the movie yet.) Haywire on the other hand, despite all those big names, seemed a bit like all fizzle and no pop to me. The last time an action flick had that many stars, at least there was something of a bang (I mean The Expendables, of course :P).

Right, by the looks of it this will be the last I can afford to laze around all day for a bit. Let's see if I can actually catch the Shwedagon Pagoda in the daylight on my way through Yangon to the boat tomorrow!

Currently: packed, well, when am I not :|
Listening to: Chicane - Santanas

No comments:

Post a Comment