Saturday 7 April 2012

The torched primrose and the broken catnip

Damn. But what is a happy ending, really? A foregone conclusion? A let down? Not heart-wrenching, certainly. Or something that shadows all else for a bit.

In the end it's all a matter of perspective I guess. But sometimes I think I could settle for predictable. For people with sunny dispositions that would work out great, wouldn't it?! But even for the rest of us, saves you from getting blind-sided like that.

I'm done with Mockingjay. I loved it, of course. Despite the kick to the gut. Which is not to say that I disliked the second book entirely. If anything, the last third of it quite made up for the slow beginning. And middle. Overall, I was beginning to think the action was quite the best part of The Hunger Games trilogy. And then the end changed my mind.

I suppose this is something I would have welcomed at the end of the Game World books. I know! I can never seem to quite let go of how much more I had expected out of those books, and how it all turned out.

I think I'm craving Gaiman right now.

Currently: should be packing
Listening to: A3 - Too sick to pray

2 comments: