Monday 17 December 2012

Another day another sunset

So that's it then. Curtains on what has been, in retrospect, a pretty hectic break. I seem to have left the endless roads a long way in the past. Wouldn't mind hopping behind the wheel again. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen any time soon.


Next stop Durban. It's been almost exactly four years, so I'm a little curious to see what's changed with the passage of time. To be honest there's a somewhat more personal aspect to my curiosity, although admittedly that has nothing to do with the city.

Durban had marked an end of a period of relative peace and quiet that I'd unfortunately mistaken for boredom. The years since then have been, well... I'm a big believer in symmetry, mostly when it means there's a chance that things might calm down a bit :). Then again, you never know who might be listening, so I'll just keep my wishing to myself, my eyes open and my ears peeled :P.

--
Had been planning on watching Life of Pi for a while. Took someone's suggestion and actually went for a 3D IMAX screening. I must say, I was impressed :). The movie wasn't half bad either. But even though it's been years since I'd read the book, I had this distinct feeling that there was more look and less feel to this rendering.


Right, packing's done, but with several hours to go before I need to leave, there's enough time for one last sunset on the old lake side.

Currently: tying up the loose ends
Listening to: Taylor Swift - 22

No comments:

Post a Comment