Friday 31 May 2013

Suddenly, summer!



Having started with the whole making weekends count business, I figured, why stop? So last weekend ended up being a bit of a biking and hiking extravaganza :).


The couple of weeks I spent here last summer had opened my eyes a little to the stunning landscape that the areas surrounding Asker turn into, given the right weather. This was further proof of the same. Except for the mud. Of course. Seeing how when the weather isn't all beautifully sunny and what not, it rains. A lot.



Getting lost in the woods around here does have its benefits. When you do make your way out into the open, more often than not, there's some fantastic fjord view staring you in the face. It also helps to follow someone who always carries a map. (Smart phones do have their limitations. Unless you have maps pre-loaded, you might end up knowing exactly where you stand, using the GPS, but lacking cell reception and consequently terrain data, that's pretty much useless.)



Having biked on both Friday and Saturday, on Sunday we decided to go hiking instead :D. The target was the top of the hill closest to Asker, and one I'd first thought of climbing in the winter of '05. Yes, yes, procrastination level: epic. I know. But better late than never, right?! I have to say, the weather and the views made the trip well worth the effort :).




Since then, the weather's been iffy at best. But my mind has been on other things. Having signed the dotted line, I now officially own a house. One part of me is all like, "Wow, look at you, all grown up and what not!" while another part of me looks on quietly aghast, going, "WTF are you doing?! Do you even know what you're doing?!".


Oh well. What is it they say? Life is for living?

Currently: ???!!!@@!!!???
Listening to: Daft Punk - Instant crush (ft. Julian Casablancas)

No comments:

Post a Comment