Monday 25 August 2014

Quiet happy

It's been a mixed bag of things that have kept me busy, entertained and quite happy this last week or so. Which is doubly awesome to some extent, since I was also on duty! First up was a visit to Oslo to attend a free concert, my first Indian classical one in quite some time, and it was a flute recital by Pt. Hariprasad Chourasia! 


A wonderful evening was rounded up with a visit to a restaurant that I had last visited, more by accident than design, back around Christmas '05! Isn't it wonderful when you find half remembered paths exactly where you'd left them? Complete with clown statues and everything :).


Since then I've managed to lose (then find, then lose again, etc.) my way through the woods surrounding Asker on various occasions. Always managing to find a way back, in the end :). It's been a bit dark and gloomy lately, but since that's only a precursor of what's to come, I've been taking what I can get. 


There are always bonuses of course! The odd sleepy lake with mist floating over the water, water lilies, strangely (to my eyes) coloured wood rotting peacefully in between mushrooms and the occasional bursts of bright sunshine through the trees.


It's official though, summer's over. Some of the leaves have started changing colour already. On top of that, the temperatures have stayed consistently low, so swimming outdoors is adjourned till next year. Although there's always the pool for that.


There's also been more cooking, parathas, no less :D. Now if only the sun would come back out for properly long periods of time, I'm itching to get back out on the bike, even if the days of cycling in just shorts and a tee-shirt are over.

Currently: hoping that the clouds will clear
Listening to: Django Reinhardt - Fly fishing

No comments:

Post a Comment