Monday 18 May 2015

The kindness of stills


It's not like this is the first time I've thought this :). But hey, here goes anyway. The word kind is something I came across today in a documentary on Bill Cunningham. Used to describe how a photograph can be, and indeed should be, used to depict something. Or someone.

That's just my opinion. But then this is my blog, so. :)

It is of course possible to use photographs unkindly. Hurtfully even. But it is easy to use them kindly. Easier than on moving film. I suppose it's just a question of skill. The people who made BCNY did so very skilfully I'd say.

--

Yes, it has been a while since I've posted. In the mean time I've cycled a bit around new and sun-shiny islands. Run the annual stafetten a little worse than I could have. Driven a lot. Along fjords and over vast snow fields in what is almost summer.

And acquired a board game. It's no ludo, but it's not bad :).

Then there's been the other, more life changing sort of stuff, but then we don't talk about such things here. Let's consider instead, how some things throw others into sharper focus. By force of heightened contrasts. Not to stretch the photography metaphor, but sometimes you need a bad shot if only to compare the good ones with.

Feeling: better
Listening to: Ed Sheeran & Rudimental - Bloodstream

No comments:

Post a Comment