Monday 15 January 2007

Living on a prayer

I need to know that things are gonna look up
'Cause I feel us drowning in a sea spilled from a cup

I find it ironic, and at the same time completely natural, that we tend to pray really hard only when in trouble. (Or is it just me?)

I want a reason for the way things have to be
I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me


I do know people who do not believe in God, or some other thing/being/entity to pray to. I'm always in awe of them. It would take a kind of fortitude to be able to go through life, with all it's uncertainties, injustices and incomprehensibility, that I find wholly beyond me.

Currently: brooding
Listening to: Train - Calling all angels

1 comment:

  1. You give people like me wayyy too much credit :) It's not a struggle after a while, it just becomes a way of life. Dogged cynicism is probably the most visible mark that atheism leaves on people, and it helps remove the sting from all the uncertainties, injustices and incomprehensibilities of life.

    ReplyDelete