Tuesday 2 January 2007

My New Year's day 'off'!

So turns out I had my New Year day off after all :D! Well, almost. This cyclone avoidance strategy thing's actually quite good fun! We'd had to pick up part of the gear on the 1st, but that was done by the time I came on shift today, so we spent the rest of the day catching up on other things. Like... umm.. well, you know how it is when you have a lot of time in your hands and not much to do :P. The 'cyclone' is now showing signs of never actually turning into a cyclone, and we've had our (almost) day off one day late, but better late than never right?!
Ah yes, I did make very good use of my time today! Catching up on locations with updated resolution on Google Earth! :P Turns out all the three homes I've lived in, my hostel as well as each place I've stayed in for over a week in the last year and a half are all available in high res!!! I love Google!!!! :D

I really was thankful to be able to unwind like today :). Come tomorrow and it's back to the real world :-<. But I'm grateful for this rather nice start to the year. As one of my Polish crewmates would put it: "Looks promising!!" :)

Current Mood: chilled out :D
Listening to: Moby - The rafters

--

Update: The cyclone has finally achieved full status :D. It's called Tropical Cyclone Isobel.

No comments:

Post a Comment