Friday 19 January 2007

Ouuchhhh! :(

Right, so it's crew-change tomorrow! And that's not the most important thing on my mind right now :|. Talk about looking at everything through a haze, all I can think about right now is the quickest dentist's appointment I can get once I'm back on land :(.

Some tortures are physical
And some are mental,
But the one that is both
Is dental.
~Ogden Nash

For the better part of this week now I've been grappling with the fall outs of wisdom :(. One in particular actually. So my first wisdom tooth came when I was about 18 or so, I think, could have been a bit earlier. The fourth and last one made an appearance around 20, but it refused to show all of itself. No doubt reconsidering such a premature conferring of wisdom to one so undeserving :|. Anyway, it stayed there, half in half out, waiting for the opportune moment.

That moment arrived this week. Sometime in the night, and woke me up with a terrible pain shooting through my head and reducing the left half of my lower jaw to a blur of mind numbing throbbing. Well, I'll save you from the gross bits about the tooth getting stuck under the jaw-bone, and grinding it's way through... nevermind. So now it's a little better, I'm not loaded with pain killers, and can still move my head around without wincing.

One of my slightly less observant co-workers came up to me this morning and went, "Hey man! You've really grown fat this trip!!" I pointed out the asymmetry and smiled at his widening eyes. Then regretted the move immediately. Smiling's still not on the list of do-ables. Which makes life kinda difficult, me being me.

Currently: in pain :(
Listening to: Natalie Imbruglia - Intuition

No comments:

Post a Comment