Saturday 15 November 2008

Madagascar!!

It's been about exactly two months since the mini Eurotrip. (Remember? Germany, Czech Republic, Austria? I know, I know, almost done sorting pics :D.) Or so the calendar says. Can't, for the life of me, figure out where the intervening time went! Yes, I can count the weeks, France, Norway, Singapore and now chugging across the entire length of the Indian Ocean. But where did all the days and hours disappear?!!!

Speaking of the ocean, we're almost out of it now. Made the first turn in 2 weeks and rounded the bottom end of Madagascar this morning. Unfortunately, at 30 miles (nautical, not the land variety) it was just over the horizon :-<. And given that I missed seeing the volcano on Reunion Is. 'cos I was busy with something stupid, and we all missed Mauritius 'cos we passed that in the dead of the night, the last time I actually saw land was Sumatra! Crossed half the tropical region (Equator to the Tropic of Capricorn) without even the tiniest glimpse of Terra Firma!

Seeing how we're almost done with this rather extraordinary trip, I'm beginning to quite look forward to the stopover at Durban. We get off almost as soon as the boat gets into dock (or at least that's what I'm hoping for). And then I'm planning on a bit of an unwind. Four days to be precise. On the sunny beaches in the summer sun :). Before I head off to deal with the Asker winter. Apparently it's already snowing there. So till I can lay my hands on the jacket I'd stowed in the office last time, survival is beginning to look like a tough act to pull of :(.

On a rather upward note, we had a barbecue on the boat today! Can't remember ever having one of those before :P. Was pretty good. The sun kinda set a bit early and the ensuing chill in the air put a bit of a damper on things. Still, quite nice it was. Unfortunately, another exodus at the end of this trip looks all set to leave me on third spot on the Trident's been-here-longest-at-a-stretch stakes. Trust me, you don't even want to be this high up :-<.

Currently: desperately seeking Durban!
Listening to: Ben Lee - No room to bleed

No comments:

Post a Comment