Monday 29 December 2008

Sunburns and shooting stars

I'd almost forgotten how much fun it is to be on a really fast boat, seeing how few and far between good weather days and decent jet boats have been over the last couple of years. But when the opportunity finally did arrive, I discovered how much more fun it was to be in the driver's seat :). Upwards of 35 knots, wind blasting your face, and I never even maxed out the throttle. Not even close >:).

I'd say fun was a relative thing, but it isn't. This Christmas was not fun. But I suppose it could have been worse.I like the fact that I have a little time these days, enough at least to go up to the bridge in the night and stare at the boats around us, festooned in light. Little pinpricks of colour, red green and white, on a pitch black canvas. The wakes turn into little swirling monsters wreathed in foam snapping at the lights.

I hate the fact that I don't have time for much else. But for the moment, I'm taking what I can get. At least there's a new, pretty awesome, soundtrack to it all :).

Currently: in limbo
Listening to: Eels - My beloved monster

No comments:

Post a Comment