Friday 7 March 2014

Shadows under water

Quiet time has been hard to come by, somehow. Even with no unwanted thoughts crowding in my head, problems to solve, worries to sort out and file away for later, there seems to be a weird white noise. Suffocating any thought I actually want to nurture.


So I've taken the other way out, just keep on going, getting outside the discomfort of my mind and drowning the noise, most recently, somewhat literally. I've taken up swimming again. The swimming laps to rack up distance kinda swimming. The kind that leaves you aching happily and stinking of chlorine after. And needing goggles to avoid going temporarily blind. After a gap of twelve odd years.


Yep, time flies. And it'll keep flying. And take away whatever snow there is left with it :(. This has to have been one of the shortest winters here in forever. Will I manage another proper week of snowboarding? That we will have to wait and see.


In the last month or so, since the fantastic Tromsø trip, I made a little trip down to Cyprus. No, not fun, all work. Stayed on a boat for the first time in over a year and realized I've gotten properly comfortable in my life, such as it is. Imagine that. Three quarters of a year, and close to a decade of conditioning all gone straight out the window.


I did manage to do a little bit of reading, most entertaining and fascinating of which, by some distance, was The Colour of Magic! For someone who's into fantasy and insanity as much as I am, it would surprise some to know that I'd never read anything by Terry Pratchett before, save Good Omens. But having started, I intend to carry on.


Time, as always though, is in short supply. And to be honest I'd like nothing better than to sort of just disappear for a bit. Land up somewhere I've never been. Hmm. Go diving maybe, just the thought of floating suspended under a mountain of water seems calming, somehow. But since that's unlikely to happen, for now working up to swimming 2km in a 25m pool will have to do.

Currently: de-chlorinated, but still aching happily
Listening to: Martin Halla - Illuminate the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment