Wednesday 23 June 2010

Sailing a rippled mirror

I did have a bunch of stuff to write about. Not necessarily of any importance whatsoever, still, stuff. But there's never any time these days. Plus I suppose I'm just getting a bit lazy.
Things have been piling up though. Unlike last trip, this time around it seems all I'm doing for the most part is head out in the small boats :). So that's a decidedly good thing. Haven't been driving all the time.... I'm quite convinced that no matter who says what, give me the choice and you'd never get me to do anything but drive. But I suppose the others need to get some practice too...
The weather's been pretty awesome as well. Flat calm seas as I've never seen since the Bay of Bengal offshore Myanmar four years back!
Then of course there's the World Cup! Now that the group stages are getting cleaned up, it's good to see that the South American teams are having a ball!! All five of them are top of their groups right now! Okay, so maybe a couple of those might change, but it's a pretty strong showing.

I finally managed to watch Argentina play live yesterday! Wasn't disappointed :). Though to be honest the back line seems a little shakier than I'd like. It was good to see Veron back on the turf, and in pretty decent nick. I have to say, the Greek goalie was probably the only reason the team in blue didn't run riot!
On the other hand, the supposed European powerhouses are having a miserable time aren't they?! I was properly overjoyed to see the disaster that was France this World Cup. I hope they never ever manage to qualify again. It's a shame Ireland lost their place to this lot :(. I was quite surprised, but very happy to see Italy held to a draw by the likes of the Kiwis :D. And then there's England. Need I say more? :P

The Germans will most likely shrug off the effects of the shock expulsion of Klose (although I wasn't at all that sad, if you know what I mean) and make it through. The Netherlands on the other hand seem to have sailed through quietly but comfortably so far. From Group H, I would definitely like to see Spain and Switzerland go through. Spain played more like their normal selves in their second match, thankfully.

I was looking up the dates, and if all goes well, I should be able to catch Argentina in the Semis and the Final from Ohio! :DOh, and I'm super kicked to have a brand new TV in my cabin :). It's all hooked up too! To the laptop, the DVD player that came with it, and the satellite TV tuner so I can watch the afternoon matches without having to step out of my cabin :D.
Currently: surprised to see that England might actually go through :P
Listening to: Stereophonics - I wouldn't believe your radio

No comments:

Post a Comment