Sunday 30 June 2019

A much awaited interruption to the general scheme of things


It's properly summer now! One of the qualifying criteria for me to think that these days is being able to step outside in shorts and while in the shade, not feel even a little bit chilled :).


Back in Norway this is I understand a pretty warm weekend. But at least it's not supposed to last. Here in England, it was even warmer. But once again, the 'extreme' temperatures didn't last more than an afternoon. For the best really. It's one of those things, careful what you wish for. Let it be 'nice and hot' you wish, and the next thing you know half the forests in the country are disappearing in forest fires....


Anyhow. First break of longer than a long weekend in what feels like forever. Although it isn't actually. Just about three months. But it feels like a lot. The day job has the ability to steamroll the days and weeks into a seeming uniformity. Even when it definitely isn't. But yes. It's nice to be away for a week.


Especially with all the excitement of an upcoming wedding! Lots of baking, chatting, cooking, planning, re-adjusting plans, more baking... You get the idea :).


One thing I'm still missing a bit is getting out and about on a bike. The hour-long commute does reduce some options, but still. I think if I were to be entirely honest, I'm being at least a little bit lazy. My attempted solution to that is going running while on holiday! Managed it once already. Definitely been a while. I'm feeling it in the legs :). But it's a rather nice feeling. A feeling of having done something.


And I'm hoping that in a week or so I'd be feeling a bit more used to physical exercise, and then jumping on a bike for a ride on the weekend would feel like much less of a stretch. At least that's the theory. We shall see how it works out. In the meantime, there's a wedding cake to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment