Sunday 11 March 2012

Suddenly, I see

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I say that without hinting at distress :). I was a little worried, of course, about settling into a new boat after such a long time spent on one. Circumstances, it would seem, have taken care of most of it for me!

It's been a while since I've ranted about a tough stint on the back-deck, I think. There's nothing like bringing on the bruises with that first stint on a new back-deck though :). There's always way too much to figure out in way too little time. But somehow, you figure it out anyway. With minor scratches and a few days of sleeping like a log when you get the chance to finally drag yourself to bed!

No, I have not missed that washed out, thoroughly battered feeling! And now that things are somewhat less insane, I'm left to reflect on some habits I seem to have worked out. For one thing, I've somehow managed to wake up at least a full forty minutes before start of shift every single day. I honestly cannot remember that happening on the Trident. Like, ever!!

And I managed a small boat trip today! My first on the Spirit, and here I was, driving! I couldn't help but think back to my first trips off the Trident and smile :). I'm merely passing through, I'm told. But I've come to feel rather abruptly at home on this compact, messily arranged, sometimes confusing ship.

Currently: settled in
Listening to: David Guetta - Turn me on (feat. Nicki Minaj)

No comments:

Post a Comment