Sunday 7 April 2013

Arrival

It was a pretty uneventful trip, all things considered. Well, it wasn't really. But minor annoyances relating to excess baggage and faulty card swiping machines aside, it went quite all right. Didn't miss any flights, didn't get delayed, and rather importantly, none of the positively huge amount of baggage I checked in went missing :).


When I did land up in Norway, as I'd been told, winter was still very much in evidence! I must say, showing up for work on a Friday afternoon has its perks, the weekend that immediately follows provides some of that much needed settling in to happen. Or in my case, a quick day trip to the slopes of Kongsberg with a snowboard!


As it turns out, today was the last day of this ski season, so I'd made it just in time :). I had an absolute blast, once I got over the initial wobbles one might expect after an absence of two and a half years from the slopes. I dare say, it is a little like learning how to ride a bike. You can't really forget how :). It even snowed a little! Barely enough for us to miss the sunny skies though, so all in all it was really quite perfect :).

I suppose now we'll have to see how the work part of it pans out. But with such a start, it's hard not to feel at least a little upbeat :).

Currently: excited
Listening to: Lifehouse - Always somewhere close

No comments:

Post a Comment